GH made Red space holder: forget remember in 2012 and included the artwork in [space holder] at the Gail Hastings Exhibition Studio, Sydney, in 2012. Red space holder: forget remember is a standalone artwork. The artwork's medium includes watercolour and lead pencil on paper, oil, pencil and acrylic on wood, and comprises of eight components measuring, overall, 150 x 100 x 40 cm.
ENCYCLOPAEDIA OF A SPACE FORGOTTEN
They seek the central point of the picture. They enter the picture through a room with three walls of green stripes. They are in a hurry. They rush through a room with two walls of grey stripes. They have no time to notice. They run through a third room with just one wall of blue stripes. They feel time is running out. They enter a room with no walls of stripes, just a floor of orange stripes. They exit the picture, disappointed. They roamed the general picture, but did not find a door to its central point.
- 1. The forgotten wall of green stripes in a drawer, remembered
- 2. The forgotten two walls of grey stripes in a drawer, remembered
- 3. The forgotten three walls of blue stripes in a drawer, remembered
- 4. The forgotten four walls of orange stripes in a drawer, remembered
- 5. Woodwork bench full of stripes unable to fit in a drawer
- 6. Woodwork bench full of stripes yet to be remembered
|26/07/2013||JANIS II, The Commercial (cur. Kelly Doley and Amanda Rowell), Sydney|
|20/09/2012||[space holder], Gail Hastings Exhibition Studio, Sydney|
Keith Gallasch, Virginia Baxter, ‘In the loop July 24: quick picks’, Realtime, issue 115, June-July 2013, http://www.realtimearts.net/article/issue115/11226, accessed 30 October 2016.