GH made divisions between friends in 1991 and included the artwork in Australian Perspecta 1991 at the Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, in 1991. divisions between friends is a standalone artwork. The artwork's medium includes catalogue image; acrylic on wood; watercolour on wood; pigmented wax on wood; ink on paper, measuring, overall, --.
[Text on table]
- place for friend no. 1
- place for friend no. 2
- place for friend no. 3
- place for friend no. 4
- place for friend no. 5
[Text on wall]
divisions between friends
where: 1 Hope = 12 Circumstances
1 Ci = 12 Immeasurabilities
1 Im = 12 Deliberations
[Text on the five petits fours remaining pastry papers]
- friend 1, for 12/60ths of the time, found the circumstances unbearable.
- friend 2, in 24/60ths of the time, imagined five hopes.
- friend 3, for 36/60ths of the time, looked the other way.
- friend 4, in 48/60ths of the time, summed the 5 figures incorrectly.
- friend 5, for 60/60ths of the time, deliberated over whether to tell a lie.
|07/08/1991||Australian Perspecta 1991, Art Gallery of New South Wales (cur. Victoria Lynn), Sydney|
Victoria Lynn, ‘Introduction’, in Victoria Lynn (ed.), Australian Perspecta 1991, exhibition catalogue, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 1991, p.11.